Hi Arch community,
Arch Linux (archboot creation tool) 2010.02-1, "2k10-R1" has been released.
To avoid confusion, this is not an official arch linux iso release!
Check Readme.txt file for more information on archboot.
- A bigger update to last 2009.08 files, it includes the changes from core repository,
the new klibc free mkinitcpio, a lot of new code in archboot setup script to support
new name scheme of linux utilities.
- Due to the many changes bugs might slipped into setup,
so please report them immediatly if you find them.
- Lowmem images are gone, we are in 2010 i doubt there are so many
lowmem machines around there. It's been replaced by LTS kernel boot
and installation support
Hybrid image file and torrent is provided, which include
i686 and x86_64 core repository. Please check md5sum before using it.
Hybrid image file is a standard CD-burnable image and also a raw disk image.
- Can be burned to CD(RW) media using most CD-burning utilities.
- Can be raw-written to a drive using 'dd' or similar utilities.
This method is intended for use with USB thumb drives.
Please get it from your favorite arch linux mirror:
http://www.archlinux.de/?page=GetFileFr … ot/2010.02
- kernel 22.214.171.124 / LTS kernel 126.96.36.199
- pacman 3.3.3 usage
- RAM recommendations: 288 MB
- new firewire stack in >=2.6.32.x
- dropped lowmem images
- dropped klibc
- LTS kernel support
- added KMS / uvesafb support
- Adopted recent udev and initscript changes
- Boot messages rewrite and parameter documentation
- New documentation, including all start parameters
- New wireless firmware files added
(iwl-1000,6000, ar9170-fw, rt2870usb-fw)
- kms / uvesafb integration
- use load-modules script from udev
- internal sysfs and blkid changes
- KMS / uvesafb integration
- Kernel installation switch (install at least booted kernel)
- use wipefs for cleaning luks disks/partitions
- adopted LTS setup changes to quickinst script
- FTP installation mode:
- Package installation might fail, if packages from extra need to be pulled in, e.g. ntfs-3g etc.
Exit setup and apply following sed line:
sed -e -i 's#prepare_pacman_extra#pacman_conf_extra#g' /arch/setup
Relaunch setup after that.
- CD installation mode:
Further documentation can be found on-disk and on the wiki.
If a torrent is requested feel free to create one
and tell me where to place, thx.
Last edited by tpowa (2010-02-16 08:16:46)