Aller au contenu
Règlement du forum ×
IPTV et arnaques ×

The Sandy Bridge Preview

Aryctek

Messages recommandés

Every two years Intel is committed to introducing a new microprocessor architecture. It's a part of the whole tick-tock strategy that Intel hatched back in 2005 - 2006. Thus far, every tock has been a knockout - with no competitor able to touch it. It started with Conroe in 2006, continued with Nehalem in 2008 and early next year we'll meet Sandy Bridge - the third tock in Intel's cadence. Correction, you'll be able to buy it next year, but you'll get to meet her today.

Sandy Bridge is a unique part for Intel. Not only does it address the neglected quad-core CPU market by moving it to 32nm and giving it a healthy performance boost (10%+ clock per clock, 23%+ compared to similarly priced parts) but it also brings Intel's integrated graphics on die. And I hate to ruin surprises, but it's actually not half bad.

For the first time, Intel's integrated graphics is actually performance competitive with low end discrete GPUs. You're not going to want to throw away your GTX 460, but if you were going to spend $40 - $60 on a GPU before, you may not need to after Sandy Bridge.

Want to see how it performs?

Par ici --> http://www.anandtech.com/show/3871/the-sandy-bridge-preview-three-wins-in-a-row

Mais non c'est une nouvelle architecture. Ce "I5 2400" est intéressent, il est 23% plus rapide que le I5 760 et il fait mieux que le I7 880 tout en consommant moins sans oublié que ce "2400" de test est dépourvu de la fonction "turbo".

Pour rappel, ce i5 2400 vient à remplacer le i5 750/760, on peut donc espérer voir ce "i5" de "second génération" au même prix du i5 750/760.

Modifié par Aryctek